Black Shield bases its products and services on national and international standards as developed by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) and the International Standards Organization (ISO) amongst others.
Black Shield has worked with Federal, Provincial, Territorial and Municipal clients to assess the impact of climate change and identify appropriate adaptation measures. Bob Black is one of the co-authors of the Climate Change Adaptation Risk Management Guide, which has been adopted by numerous clients.
Black Shield has worked with maritime and transportation clients to audit existing emergency programs, conduct hazard, risk and vulnerability analyses and produce emergency response and recovery plans.
Black Shield has developed emergency response and recovery plans for several BC municipalities and regional districts.
Black Shield has produced a small business and community Business Continuity Planning Guide and facility emergency response plans for clients with multiple sites and facilities.
- Comprehensive Emergency Program Development
- Emergency Plan Preparation and Validation
- Emergency Operations Centre Design and Validation
- Business Continuity Planning
- Public Disaster Education and Awareness
- Climate Change Adaptation Risk Management
- Post-Secondary Emergency Management
- Individual and Team Training
- Exercise Design, Delivery and Evaluation